Gemstone Meanings: What Does Your Gemstone Say About You?
Have you ever wondered about the gemstone meanings of the jewellery you wear? Or do you think it’s all a bunch of marketing? We’re not sure if it is or isn’t, but we do know that for centuries people have given different meanings or powers to gemstones. It’s kind of like Santa Claus: if you don’t believe, it may not come true. So, we’re erring on the side of caution and sharing the gemstone meanings for some of the jewellery we sell.
7 Popular Gemstone Meanings
There was a famous gem expert called George Frederick Kunz who worked for the American jewellery store Tiffany & Co in New York. He spent a lot of time researching the characteristics of gemstones, and some of this time was spent learning about gemstone meanings. He found out that many gems were given their meanings or powers because of the way they looked or in how they were used.
Here are seven gemstone meanings we couldn’t resist sharing with you:
- Rose Quartz – wearing a rose quartz ring or pendant may help remove negativity around you, brings love, peace and calm to your relationships.
- Amethyst – amethyst earrings or rings may help you think clearly, and keep a handle on your feelings. It is also said to help with reducing the impact of addictions.
- Aquamarine – if you’re in need of some courage or want to reduce your anxiety, try wearing an aquamarine pendant. Some believe that aquamarine can reduce seasickness and help keep you calm on a long trip.
- Citrine – a beautiful golden colour, citrine gemstones are said to hold the power to help you feel optimistic and bring you wealth. Fancy wearing citrine earrings anyone?
- Topaz – if you’ve got a bad temper or know someone who has, wearing a topaz gemstone may help. Topaz is believed to be good at helping you sleep better too. Our white topaz earrings can give you a boho chic look too!
- Tourmaline – here’s a great multi-benefit gemstone. Tourmaline may help you to concentrate more, calm nerves, build your self confidence and reduce feelings of grief.
- Turquoise – a lovely green/blue gemstone, turquoise can help you connect with your natural roots, and build wonderful friendships with others. Our turquoise ring would make a wonderful gift for a friend.
We’d love to send you one or more pieces of our gemstone jewellery, so pop over and explore the Pony Lane jewellery collection. You know you want to!